I get a lot of questions about deed restrictions here in Ocala and Marion county. Deed restrictions are public records. This blog post will show you how to find deed restrictions here in Marion County.
1. Go to the Marion County Clerk of the Courts web site.
2. In the lower right under Records click on Official Records Search
3. On the right click Search Records Now a blue box
4. At bottom of the page use Legacy Web Search
5. Enter party name. You have to get the name exact
6. Under restrict document type by code enter RES which is restrictions and covenants
Deed restrictions can be hard to read. Some were written before computers and are old typed documents that were poorly scanned. Larger older communities can have 100’s of pages mostly of very minor revisions. Typically you will find the important stuff in the largest document.