Florida population down, Marion County up
While Florida lost population for the first time since the end of WW2, Ocala Marion County gained in population. From April 08 to April 09 Marion County added a little over 3,800 residents. Over all Florida lost over 58,000 people. Some counties losing more than others and a few counties actually gaining population like Marion County.
Why are people coming to Ocala and Marion County?
- The lowest median home prices in Florida.
- Lower property taxes than much of the state.
- Lower home owners insurance than much of Florida.
- Much lower hurricane risk than south Florida.
- Less traffic and crime than other parts of the state.
- Just a better quality of life.
There has never been a better time to buy a house in Ocala Marion County than now. Interest rates are at historical lows with no where to go buy up. Home prices are down 50% in some areas from 2005-07. Call or email me today and I’ll send you a list of homes that would meet your needs. All I need to know is what you want. Or try my Ocala Dream Home Finder. What ever is easier for you.
Leave a Reply