While Florida lost population for the first time since the end of WW2, Ocala Marion County gained in population. From April 08 to April 09 Marion County added a little over 3,800 residents. Over all Florida lost over 58,000 people. Some counties losing more than others and a few counties actually gaining population like Marion County.
Why are people coming to Ocala and Marion County?
- The lowest median home prices in Florida.
- Lower property taxes than much of the state.
- Lower home owners insurance than much of Florida.
- Much lower hurricane risk than south Florida.
- Less traffic and crime than other parts of the state.
- Just a better quality of life.
There has never been a better time to buy a house in Ocala Marion County than now. Interest rates are at historical lows with no where to go buy up. Home prices are down 50% in some areas from 2005-07. Call or email me today and I’ll send you a list of homes that would meet your needs. All I need to know is what you want. Or try my Ocala Dream Home Finder. What ever is easier for you.